Tuesday 17 July 2012

WARNING!!!

This blog is not a launch of the sail boat.

This was a ride in the kayak.

Enjoy.




Things learned today.

The rudder worked amazing.  For just a little movement it would send the kayak on a totally new course.  That was until it catastrophically failed.  I need a new hinge for the rudder.  One worthy of doing it's job.  The hinge on the rudder bends when it's in the roof racks because of the wind.  It also bends when I try to raise and lower the rudder.  Worst $1.50 I ever spent.  I will be upgrading to a stainless steal jobby that is really thick.  Just need to find one.

The lee board supports also like to splash up water into the cockpit.  I think I'll have to design a splash guard for it, because I don't have enough to do on this thing.

The sound system worked out perfectly.  So that was awesome.

Here is a nice little scenery shot to end it all off.


No comments:

Post a Comment