Wednesday 4 July 2012

Have you ever had your head stuck inside a kayak while stretching out to screw on a nut.  Wow that's hot and uncomfortable.  The sweat was pouring.

So here are some pics to accompany that great description.

The chain plates and mast step are installed.


And level.
I levelled the kayak first then matched this level to it.



Here is the inside.
The chain plates are on the sides, the mast step is in the middle with fibre glass wrapped around the metal pieces in the middle.  The cleats are hanging down from the top and there is still lots of room for my feet and my knees won't hit the bolts from the cleats.


Here's underneath.  I know, I know the bolts do nothing for the streamline of the kayak, but you gotta do what you gotta do.



Here's another shot.


I also fixed the battery box.  There are now four screws running up from the bottom of the hull.  It's not going anywhere.


Here's me taking care of that job.  I was pretty tired when it was over.


To finish it will be the front handle and the lee board rub rails.  The lee boards will be drawn out at least by tomorrow night.  Maybe even cut.  I have to get some magnets at Lee Valley.  I picked the wrong size so I have to get new ones.  That should be done too.

A special thanks to Mary for helping me out tonight.  I don't know what I would have done without her.

Thanks Mary.

1 comment: