Sunday 29 July 2012

Over 1000 views.

Wow.

I know I've been lax with my parents around.  We've been doing the touristy thing up in Cape Breton, but that doesn't mean the work stops on the kayak.

Here are some pics to get us back into the project.

Here is the ends all taped up so the epoxy doesn't leak out the ends.

Should have done that first.  Lesson learned.  Wasted quite a bit of epoxy.

Bow


Stern


(Thanks Justin for the tape.  I really got to get that back to you.)

Here is how I get the epoxy down into the ends.



I just pour it down the holes.

So when it's dry I can take all the wires out, sand it, then fill in the cracks with thickened epoxy and she'll be ready to fibre glass.

The wing is coming along well.  I have all the parts for it, I just need to put it together.

Speaking of parts I have new parts for the rudder so it won't break any more.
The $1.50 hinge was a bad idea.

The only thing I need to get now is the mast.  I have all the hardware for it already.

I'm trying to get a 19 foot long tube of aluminium, but I think I may have to get three pieces and attach them together.

I may run out of epoxy before I finish this, but I pray I don't.  That stuff in not cheap.

Maritime Blacksmith's Meeting tomorrow so probably not much work will be done on the kayak.

Monday will be a great day for that.


No comments:

Post a Comment