Tuesday 24 July 2012

I had a helper today.  Too bad no photos.

Got the inside fibre glassing of the pontoons done.






I had to take picture of the inside just to see if I did it right.  Two joints took an hour and a half to complete.  Glad It's all over now.

I also got the bottom joint complete. 


Here's a pic of the pontoons.


So now I just have to pour epoxy down each end to fill up the gaps at the ends.

I will put them on ends and pour the epoxy down the centre hole.  Both ends should take a day.  Then I have to sand the outside and make it smooth and fill in the gaps with epoxy and filler.

I use colloidal silica as the filler.  It's a west system product.

After that it'll be time to cover it all in fibre glass.

I also did some work in the lee boards today and the wing.

Sorry I was using my phone to listen to tunes and forgot to take the pics.

No work for the next three days.  Off to the CB.

Have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment