Tuesday 10 July 2012

Tonight I had some friends over to help me move the kayak.  So now I have a bike lock on it and I'll be able to paint the two strips Thursday night.  I have a big date tomorrow night so no work tomorrow.

I also did a leak test.  Here's the video.


I started sewing up the pontoons.

Here's some pics of them.

Bow


Stern


Side view.
It should be noted that this is upside down.


I need to cut some material off the sides of the top piece, but it sewed together pretty good.
I'm happy with it.

So after I build this one I have to take it all apart to trace the individual pieces to the sheet of plywood behind it so I can get an exact copy for the other one.

OR

I can use the bristol board cut outs for the side pieces and trace the top right to the other sheet of plywood.  The tough part will be cutting of the excess wood while it's still all together.

We shall see.

Since the kayak is done I'm going to find out the new water line on Friday.

That should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment