Friday 13 July 2012

Today at the Eastern Passage Ship Yards.

It's pontoon day.

So I got the top and sides done.  Now for the bottom.
This is how I did it.  I taped a bunch of bristol board to it with a seam down the middle.  Then I traced along the edge of the side piece.  I also put a piece of plywood in the middle screwed into a small block of 2X4 to get the right height.  After that it was just cut along the line of the bristol board to get the pattern.  Here's some pics.




After I got the pattern I traced them all onto this sheet of plywood.  I have a top piece on the right, two sides and four bottoms.

Friday afternoon I have a date with a jig saw to cut them all out. and hopefully get at least one all sown up.


It's all coming together.

I also painted the two strips on the kayak where the slings were, so that's all done.

I can now officially go kayaking if I wanted too.  I just don't have time.  The clock is ticking and I need to get this project done by Wednesday.  At least most of it.  Pontoons and the wing for sure.  The mast can happen on Friday.  Shouldn't take lone.

Getting closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment