Sunday 15 July 2012

I forgot to do my last blog so I'm doing Friday's and today's in one.

So here is Pontoon #2 in 2D


Pontoon #2 on the right is starting to take shape.


Finished Pontoon #1 on the left with Pontoon #2 on the right.


Here's a close up of Pontoon #1.  Those black lines by the stern are hockey tape.  I had to switch to the tape and glue method for a couple inches of it.  Didn't really need it, but better safe than sorry.


Here's Pontoon #2.  Just have to sew the top on.  I have a good system for it now so things should go smooth tomorrow night.


Here's kind of a close up of the stitching.  The top is tight, but the bottom is loose.  I'll tighten them later.  Need a little space to get the needle nosed pliers through the two pieces so I can get the wire in the hole.


All and all a productive day.  Thanks to Justin for helping me sew it up today and providing the hockey tape.  I'll give it back to you the next time I see you.

So after the sewing project will be epoxying the inside with fibre glass strips on the joints.  Then pour some extra thick epoxy into the ends of the kayak for extra support.  I will do that by standing the pontoons on their ends and pouring the epoxy down the diamond shaped hole.

After that will be to cut the wires off the outside and sand it all down and add filler where necessary. 

Then just in time for my parents to show up to help me fibre glass the outside.  Dad helped me fibre glass the kayak so I hope he remembers how we did it.  I forget.

We're getting closer.  Hoping for a Natal Day launch party.  If things go well it should happen.

I'm only worried about the mast.  That should be interesting.




No comments:

Post a Comment