Saturday 25 August 2012

Yesterday was launch day.  Here are some pics.

All set up and ready to go.


I forgot to put the lee boards on.


Now it's all set up.


In the water. 


Heading out.


I had to paddle against the wind, so I could sail back.


Sailing.


Coming back.


Standing beside her.


Out on the lake.




On an angle.




The cleats on the starboard side are for the main sail.



Things learned in the maiden voyage are:

The mast likes to bend when the wind catches it.  A lot.
I'm thinking of putting in wooden dowels inside the mast with a piece of steel running in the middle of the dowels Not a thick piece though.

The water deflectors work great on the lee board supports, but I might add a piece on the bow side of them to help deflect some more.

Water is getting inside the starboard pontoon.  I think I know where so I'm going to have to fix that.
Right now it's in my living room drying out.


So that's about it.  I have some work to do tomorrow.  So I'll blog again then.


No comments:

Post a Comment