Monday 6 August 2012

So took it out for a float test.

Had it on the beach with the mast and sails up.  Wind blew and broke the mast.

Well it just broke the wooden part that was between the mast step and the mast .

I have an aluminium solid rod that needs to be lathed to fit both pieces.

Anybody out there with a metal lathe?

So I just paddled around with the pontoons on just to see how the rudder would react to them and to see if they slowed the kayak down or not.

They didn't slow it down at all.

This boat tracks so well I can paddle hard for 30 seconds then do nothing for the next 5 minutes and it'll still just keep moving along.

I also put the rudder over hard and paddled straight.  I went in 50' circles.  Good rudder.

This boat is going to go super fast when it's all done, and super stable.







No comments:

Post a Comment