Monday 20 August 2012

Tonight I worked on carrying supports for the mast for transport on my car and a cockpit cover while it is under the tarp.

I know, not very exciting, but essential.

Here is are the carrying supports.

Aft.


Forward.


And the cockpit cover.

Forward.


Aft.


With tarp, Aft.


This prevents rain water from puddling in the centre of the cockpit and will also prevent ice build up in the winter.  I'm thinking about adding a roof vent in the middle of it for air flow.  This would also mean I have to put a hole in the tarp, but I don't know if I want to do that or not.

Next project is to fix my wheels that I attach to it for one manned land movement.

This thing isn't exactly light, so wheels help.

All I have to do to the boat is add paint.  Pontoons, wings, and lee boards need it.  Not too overly concerned about that though since it's coated in epoxy.  More for looks.

Doing a launch on Sunday morning to test out the jib.  I'll bring the main sail too, but since I'm still learning how to sail it, one step at a time. 




No comments:

Post a Comment