Sunday 5 August 2012

Tonight was kinda busy.

Got the plugs in the pontoons so They just have to be sanded and they will be ready to paint.

The foam I sprayed in the holes added quite a bit of weight to them.  We'll see how that works out.

The mast is up and so is the mainsail.


A special thanks to my nephew Mack for modelling in this photo.

Tomorrow is work on the jib, but I'll need more rope, so I'll have to get some more.

Also we are in the midst of a redesign of the main sheet blocks. 

Sounds like it will go behind me and the line will travel forward through eye bolts on the starboard side of the cockpit and end at the cleat in front of the cockpit.

Yay!  I love last minute redesigns.

Also the kayak in this photo is on the ground.  When I go up a full story to my back deck I'm still looking up at the top of the mast.

This thing is starting to become a monster, and I love it.

Ideas have been floating around about how fast this thing will go when all the sheets are out.

I'll try and get a speedometer to hook up to it.  I do have an app for that, but my phone isn't waterproof.

Also, if I can get top speed, maybe, just maybe, a future project could be hydrofoils.

I know it sounds crazy, but this whole thing is crazy.  Let's just see if this thing floats first.


1 comment: