Friday 17 August 2012

So I've been working on the lee boards this week.

Here are the pics.

I fibre glassed each side to give it added stability while I'm going through the water.


Here they are complete and drying.


For the lee board supports on the side of the kayak I put covers on them.  If any water gets in it will drain out the side nearest the hull of the kayak.  I found water was splashing up in through the support and going right into the cockpit.  Not good.


I also made a plug to go into the mast step while in kayak mode and travelling.  This will prevent water from going down the pipe.


That is a compass in the back ground.  I haven't installed it yet.  I'm trying to find a good spot on the kayak to do it.

Next step is to paint the pontoons and lee boards.

I also have to get a wooden plug that broke off inside the mast.

I now have an aluminium replacement for the wooden plug.

It's all coming together.


No comments:

Post a Comment