Sunday 12 August 2012

Haven't done much lately.  I'm off vacation and back to work, progress might be slower now.

So here is what has happened since the last blog.

I bent a steel rod and dyed it to bolt it onto the wing to make a traveller for the main sail.
This will let it swing over the cockpit faster to either hit me in the head harder or to tack faster.  Haven't figured that one out yet. 


Here I got a line going form the mast head to the end of the boom to hold up the boom while the sail is down.  Mostly so it's not lying over my body while I'm trying to kayak.


And I made a box for the battery to go in and to hold the charger.  This way it won't be falling over in my car on the way to the water.  There is also a small piece of plywood underneath the battery and charger.  It's a metal box.  Don't want to get it to de-charge.


So that's about it.  This week I'll be fibre glassing the lee boards, painting the pontoons and putting a sheet of plywood on the wing to cover it all up.  I want to make some crutches that will fit on the kayak and will hold the mast along it while it's on the roof of my car.

Just doing all the last details now.

I think it'll be ready just in time to store it away for winter.



No comments:

Post a Comment