Monday 28 May 2012

What a busy night.  So here is what happened.  Shazzam the battery box is in.  Wiring tomorrow night.  I wanted to do that tonight, but that story will follow later in this post.


So this is how I terminated the end of the aircraft wire at the pedal. 


Here's the pedals.  I picked these up at duckworth.com.  I wouldn't try to make these.  These work great and they have locks.  Which was part of my problem tonight.  The port side wire went on fine.  Perfect in fact.  The starboard one I moved aft just like the port side so I could reach in and pass the wire through the hole.  Too bad I forgot to put the starboard one back to where my feet sit like I did with the port side one.  So after going to Kent and realizing they didn't have what I wanted I had to go to Canadian Tire to get some Dremel cutting wheels because the one that came with the Dremel broke and hit me in the face.  I'm glad this is over.


Here's what the wiring looks like.





Tomorrow night is electrical wiring.  It's getting closer for the kayak itself to be done.  As for the sailing rig.  That is the next step.  At least I can get the kayak on the water while the epoxy for the pontoons dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment