Monday 21 May 2012

So I had some family over this weekend so I didn't get a lot done on the kayak.  It did make for a good conversation peice, but it made eating arrangements a little more interesting.  The breakfast BBQ was a huge success.

But I digress.  I sanded the rudder with a 120 grit to get that bubble line off edge that I mentioned before.  I also put another thin coat of epoxy on it.  It's a lot smoother now and should cut through the water like a razor.


I epoxied up the rudder mechanism and put fibre glass on the wings.  I probably should have put the bolts in that will hold the steering cables, but I didn't.  I do realize that I'll have to mix some more epoxy to seal up those holes, but since I don't have the bolts yet, I just wanted to get this done.

The fibre glasss that is hanging off I'll just cut that with a box cutter and take the sander to it, just like the rudder.  From looking at other kayaks this rudder mechanism is pretty hardcore.  I'll start the cable assembly tomorrow night and get some pics up for that.  I'll finish sanding the rudder too.


I can't wait to hit the water, but I'll have to wait till my new roof racks get here.

No comments:

Post a Comment