Sunday 6 May 2012


I should have taken a picture of this outside, but I was in a little place I like visit called the zone.  I opened the door and put the kayak on the deck to sand it my kitchen wouldn't have red paint everywhere. 


I also made one of the four angle pieces that will hold the "rudder holder upper thingy" to the hull.  That angle took a bit for my mind to get around.  One is done and the mirror on the other side is ready to cut.  I was too tired and didn't want to screw it up.  Tomorrow nights project.


After I came home go-karting last night.   (Which was totally awesome by the way I suggest that everyone try it.)  I played with the pulley system inside the rudder and to my delight it worked, the part that sucked was that the piece of wood at the top is too short.  It's not there, but you will have seen it in earlier posts.  I have to fit a new one in, but I'm making this one stand up higher so it will act as a catch for the rudder while it's in the up position.


Here is the inside of the pulley system with the rudder itself being shown.  I traced the small wheel and the large wheel that can seen in the top down view.  The hole at the bottom is where my 5/32 aircraft cable is going to pass through.  If I tried to terminate the aircraft cable in that small space between the small and large wheel there would have been no room, so I just passed the cable through the hole.  The "S" shape in the cable catches the rudder and spins it around.  I tried it and it works.  Pretty slick.



No comments:

Post a Comment