Thursday 24 May 2012


So tonight I got some toys for future projects on the kayak then came home to work on it.

Here I'm taking her out to sand down aft of the cockpit.


Here I am out on the back deck getting ready to sand.  My neighbour just came out to enjoy his deck too.  Ha Ha!


So I sanded it all up and wiped it off with a damp rag and pushed her back in.

Below she's back in the house.  I've gotten so used to having a boat in the house that when I go to my friend's places I'm like, "Where is your boat?"


 Below is the rudder.  I put the bolts in the ends of the wings and epoxied them as well.  I'll take my angle grinder and shave off the bolt to a manageable length.  I should have done it before, but I didn't.  Lesson learned.


Here is the one hole in the side with a pic of one of the guides.  I could only do these two because of the angle the kayak is on in this picture.  I realized after I tried to put the guide on that I couldn't put clamps on them so I had to angle the kayak to let gravity hold it down.  I may have to put on each guide individually because each angle of the hull is unique.  Hopefully not, but we'll see.


Next up is epoxying on the rest of the guides and getting the aircraft wire on.  I can't wait till this is done.  The roof racks came in, that means the car is ready for the yak.  

No comments:

Post a Comment