Sunday 17 June 2012

Ok.  So here is what happened on Thursday, Friday, and Sunday.  I worked on the hatch seal and the cover for the battery that was in the previous post.

Here I got some tubing and attached it to the top of the hull.  This was not as easy as it sounds and took a couple of days to complete.  I had to wait about 4 hours for the epoxy to get sticky enough to get it to stick to the hull then hold it together with claps.  I tried Krazy Glue, but it was useless.


Here's what it looked like with the clamps.  I put a wooden BBQ skewer in the tube where the ends met at the left hand side of the photo.  The clamps are just there to hold the tubing in place and to keep it from rising up.  The red clamps are directly on the tubing, but that is where the skewer is, so it'll still be round and not out of shape.

Here is is all finished and looking good.  I have to work on the hatch cover, but the new design for that should be a tighter seal.


Next on the menu is the how the battery cover will be secured.  I wanted to do a hinge where the bolt
is, but it was impossible.  The "deck-head" is too low for the cover to move.


So here is what the final product looks like.


Here is from the other side.  I was thinking about sealing up this door.  I originally installed this door to slide in extra long poles.  I have a wheel attachment that comes apart and can slide in through this cockpit door into the aft hold that won't fit in through the top hatch.  I'll keep it open for now.  The bottom is high enough so that what water that does get in from my shoes and whatnot won't reach over the bottom of the bulkhead.


Time for the big flip tomorrow night so I can start work on the lee board attachments and the mast step. The speakers are going to attach to the lee board attachments.  The other paddlers are going to hate me. This is going to be awesome.






No comments:

Post a Comment