Friday 8 June 2012

Ok.  I forgot to post this a couple of days ago.  I've been pretty busy.  

I put the aft handle on.  I still have to sand it so these pictures are actually current.  I'm going to sand the bumps off soon.  That's if I have time.

So here it is.  I coved the hull in cling wrap so none of the epoxy would get on the hull.  I did cut a hole in it so I could epoxy the magnet holder to the hull.





Here it is done.  I used rare earth magnets.  That will make them work better than the shower curtain magnets I used for the first set of handles.  Those tended to fall off when it got rough.  I don't think these will be going anywhere.


I find that doing the handles this way are a giant waste of epoxy, but they look super cool when their done.  It's so handy to just set the handle down and not have to worry about it dragging in the water.

With the left over epoxy I brushed up the lee board struts.  Why not.  They needed it any.  


I pick up sails from a P14 sail boat on Sunday.  I might design the mast to fit the sails or I may have to alter the sails, depending on how big they are.  If I do alter them it will just be to make them shorter.  I probably won't though.  I don't want to mess around with the stitching.  We'll see.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment