Friday 1 June 2012

I forgot to post this last night, so here are the wing pegs dry installed.  I have to make a square template that will hold all the threaded rods upright and in position while the epoxy dries.  Probably not going to happen this weekend because I'm too busy.  Probably next week.



I got a good lead on used sails for a P14 sail boat.  With a little modifications I can use them for my project.

So the remaining things to do on the main body of the kayak are to finish the wing mounts, the mast base, lee boards (at least the part that attaches to the kayak), new handles on the bow and stern (because the old ones rotted off), and to work on the cargo hatch to make it more water proof.  Now that I have a battery sitting in there I don't want to get it wet.  Busy times ahead.  I hope I can get this all done to at least hit the water just for kayaking by July.

No comments:

Post a Comment