Monday 15 July 2013

So here I am ready to go sailing.  It's a pretty good setup.

I can fit all the big stuff on top and the rest in to back and still fit all the people in the car.



Here is a pic of me out on the water.


Looking up at the mast.


A picture of it in the weeds.


So this is her sailing.


Things learned on this trip.  How to steer with no rudder.

Yup, that's right.  Broke the rudder again.  The next one is going to be aluminium.

Also broke the starboard lea board.

Broke the stays on the mast connecting it to the top.
I wanted to redo their design anyway so this just means I'm doing it sooner.

Lost another batten for the sail.
I'm going to buy ten of them.  More the merrier.

The only thing that worked without flaw was the electrical system.

The best part of the day was a kid saying to his parents.  "I want one."

Also people keep asking me what it is, and where did I get it.

I guess that's why I named it Mana.  "What is it?"
Thanks Pastor Dan for the name suggestion.

Back to the boatyard.
No sailing today.

Stay tuned for the next adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment