Sunday 9 September 2012

I know it's been awhile since my last blog, but I haven't really done much.  I've been kinda busy.

So here is what I have done.

Pontoons painted.


Pontoons totally painted.


I added some spreaders and more shrouds to the mast.  This will give it more stability.  It was pretty bendy without them.


With a cool flag on top.



Also this is what happened.



Things learned.

Rounds pegs in round holes spin.
I'm going to have to put a pin through the steel pipe of the mast step and the mast so it doesn't spin.

When the spreaders of the mast are perpendicular to the hull they work great.  When the mast spins they might as well not be up there.

Also I think I need a new lee board design.  They like to pull away from the hull when it gets up to speed.  That's not good.

One thing that is weird is when she's going fast she likes to hum.  I don't think that is a good thing.

I also learned to tack.

I think it will be ready by the time it's too cold to sail any more.

Always next summer I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment